I think it’s safe to say we’ve all experienced that mid-day crash on a busy day, right? Typically, that crash comes with a trip to the kitchen or desk drawer for a quick energy boost. Well, before you grab the bar of chocolate or the bag of chips, give these no bake energy bits a try. These bite-sized snacks are packed with healthy fats, fiber, and a shot of protein – all of which can keep your energy stable a little bit longer than a piece of chocolate or candy. These bites are easy to make, require no oven time, and I guarantee they’ll be an office fave!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (can also use any other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir together until combined.
- Chill mixture in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Roll mixture into teaspoon-sized balls
- Enjoy! You can serve these immediately, or refrigerate again for up to 1 week. They are also freezer friendly!
Makes 20-25 energy bites
Recipe provided by Norine Khalil, Co-Founder and Registered Dietitian at One Elephant Integrative Health Team.